Monday, May 2, 2011

A Weekend of Hops

On Friday night I went to TJ's Restaurant and Drinkery in Paoli for a couple of beers.  Up first was an Oasis from Tallgrass.  This is the second time I've had this beer and I enjoyed it just as much this time as last.  I followed with a Hoptical Illusion from Bluepoint Brewing Company.  Actually, it was from a firkin and it was pretty darned good.  I have had a love/hate relationship with this beer.  I have had many cases of this beer and they were always great.  Then one day I got a keg to take home and it was horrible.  I actually returned it to the distributor.  It was the only keg I have ever returned.  So for the past couple of years I have shied away from giving it another try.  Maybe I will give it another shot.

On Saturday, after a beautiful afternoon of playgrounds and bicycling, I took my 3 kids to Union Jack's Inn on the Manatawny to quench our thirsts.  I started with a Mongo DIPA from Port Brewing Company.  Yeah, this is a good DIPA.  The kids were well-behaved.  So much so that I dared to order another beer.  This time it was Double Trouble from Founder's Brewing Company.  Ah yes, another fine DIPA.  I must admit that I enjoyed the Port a little better.  This may or may not have something to do with the order in which I drank these.  I guess another experiment is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment