Sunday, May 22, 2011

Manayunk (Brewery) Revival

I went to Union Jack's Inn on the Manatawny yesterday and had a California Dreamin' from Manayunk Brewery and Restaurant.  It's was part of my experiment to determine if it is my imagination or have Manayunk beers improved as of late.  After finishing this very nice DIPA I have to conclude "YES".  I don't know what they did but they seem to be brewing a lot better now than in the past.  It wasn't long ago I had their Hop Phanatic and thought that was pretty good too, but the California Dreamin' is a different story.  I never had the Hop Phanatic before that tasting but I have had California Dreamin' before yesterday and was never impressed.  So something has changed in the brewery that would change (improve) an existing recipe.  I am pleased to witness a Manayunk Revival.

No comments:

Post a Comment