Monday, May 9, 2011

Another Weekend Came and Went

Another weekend came and went even more quickly than the last.  So here's is a recap...quickly.

Friday lunch was at TJ's in Paoli.  I had a DeMolen Vuur Vlam.  This is an American IPA brewed in the Netherlands.  I was not a big van.  It was OK.  I followed that with a very safe Belgian Pale Ale from Brewery Ommegang.  Safe because anything from this brewer is going to be great.  After work I made my way to the Drafting Room in Exton.  Up first was a Daddy Fat Sacs IPA from Roy Pitz.  It was OK.  Then I took a chance on a Manayunk Hop Phanatic.  I haven't had a beer from Manayunk that I liked...until now.  This is actually a very good red ale and hides the 8.2% abv well.

Saturday I went to the Craft Ale House in Limerick (or is it Royersford).  Up first was "Love is Evol" from Prism Brewing Company out of North Wales, PA.  This is a brown ale apparently made with strawberries and Jalapeno's.  It sounded horrible so I had to try it.  I could not detect any strawberry nose or flavor.  But the Jalapeno's came through loud and clear, but not over the top.  I enjoyed the heck out of this beer.  Next up was a Mission IPA from Mission Brewery from Chula Vista, CA.  It was OK. Not great, but OK.  I ended with an Oak Aged Unearthly Imperial IPA from Southern Tier Brewing Company.  I've had this one before and though it was great...before.  This time not so much.  I'm not sure what's going on.  Maybe it's me.  Then it was a quick stop at the Sly Fox in Phoenixville for an Abbey Extra.  They now serve it in a pint glass if you like.  Purists would be horrified pouring this Belgian-style ale into a pint glass.  I'm no purist.  I ended my night at McKenzie's Brewhouse in Frazer, PA.  I had the Houblonette (Saison) again.  This beer is awesome.  Then I had a Shipwrecked which is their red ale.  This was actually very good as well.  Can't wait to have another.

No comments:

Post a Comment