Saturday, May 21, 2011

Netherlands Close to Belgium

Last night after work I went to TJ's in Paoli for a couple.  Up first was a very safe choice...Stone Sublimely Self Righteous.  Safe because I've had this on many occasions and it is always an excellent choice.  I guess you would call it a Black IPA if you tried to put it into a category.  I followed that with a Storm & Averij from Brouwerij De Molen in the Netherlands.  I wasn't particularly fond of this DIPA.  I guess I feel like the Dutch (and Belgians for that matter) shouldn't try to brew DIPA's (which I consider an American style) just like American's shouldn't try to beat the Belgians at their own game.  Have you ever had a Belgian-style beer brewed in America that compares to the finest Belgium has to offer?  Me either.

No comments:

Post a Comment