Monday, September 27, 2010

A Weird Mix of Beer Styles

On Saturday I stopped in Union Jack's Inn on the Manatawny for a beer or two.  First up was a Confluence Ale from Allagash Brewing Company.  This is a Wild American Ale.  The wild yeast gives an expected funky smell and taste that is not at all unpleasant.  It is slightly perfumey tasting but I got past that.  The best part is the dry finish.  This is a nice beer.  I followed this with a Wipeout IPA from Port Brewing Company.  Awesome as usual.

Today I went to the Flying Pig in Malvern.  I started with a cask-conditioned Amber Ale from Bell's Brewery.  It was a pretty good beer.  I'm not sure I would have liked it as well if it was not cask-conditioned.  Then I had an Oktoberfest from Blue Point Brewing Company.  Same thing...it was a pretty good beer.  Neither of these beers will knock you socks off but I guess they were true to their style, which is not necessarily my style.

No comments:

Post a Comment