Monday, September 20, 2010

Some Good and Some Not So Good Beers

Over the course of the last week or so I've haven't had much opportunity to write about the beers I have had.  Traveling on business has consumed a good bit of my time.  I did visit the Sly Fox in Phoenixville and had a new (to me) beer.  It is called Citra Pale Ale.  I am not a big fan of this one.  Back on the road again I went back to the Horseshoe Pub in Hudson, MA.  I started with a cask-conditioned Sky High Rye from Arcadia.  It was a very nice beer indeed.  I followed that with a Wipeout IPA from Port Brewing.  Of course this was excellent.  This may be my favorite beer of the year.  The following night I went back to the Horseshoe and had a Wachusett Country Ale.  This was not very good at all.  In fact, since I knew I was only going to have one more this night I decided to have a Wipeout IPA just to play it safe. 

Back home in Pennsylvania I visited the Craft Ale House in Limerick.  First up was an IPA from Mission Brewery.  This is a pretty good IPA.  I had never heard of Mission.  Apparently they are out of San Diego, CA.  I'll look for more from them.  I followed this with a Lima Black IPA from Weyerbacher Brewing Company.  This was risky because I am not a big fan of this brewer or of this style.  I am here to say, this is an excellent beer.  That's why I keep going back and trying brewers and/or styles that I think I may not like.  Hats off to the folks at Weyerbacher for making this excellent beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment