Sunday, September 12, 2010

Good Draught and a Bad 12 Pack?

I made a rare appearance at the Tap & Table in Emaus.  I first tried a My Antonia which apparently was brewed by Birra Del Borgo (Italy) and Dogfish Head (DE).  This is an Imperial Pilsner.  As is usually the case with Dogfish Head products I didn't care for this beer.  I followed this with a beer from another brewer that I normally don't care for.  At least I keep trying.  And this time it payed off.  The brewer is Brooklyn Brewery and the beer was an Imperial IPA called Detonation.  Hurray, I finally got a Brooklyn beer I can enjoy.  I ended with a Russian Imperial Stout from Rogue Brewery.  Yeah, this is a really good Stout.

I also had a chance to visit the Craft Ale House in Limerick.  I had a Dogtown Pale Ale from Lagunitas Brewing Company.  This beer is always excellent. 

Speaking of excellent...one beer that is not excellent is Opa Opa IPA.  At least not the 12 pack that I brought home from Massachusetts.  It is undrinkable.  I suspect that the problem is with the 12 pack I got and not the brewer but I don't know.  I will have to find this on tap on my next visit and hopefully redeem this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment