Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sunday With No Work Monday

Sunday was a fun day.  I went to the Union Jack's Congo Hotel and had a couple of beers.  First up was a Wipeout IPA from Port Brewing Company.  Great as always.  Then I had a Pursuit of Pale Ale from Victory Brewing Company.  It was just OK for me.  Nothing spectacular.  Before leaving the gal behind the bar gave me an unsolicited taste of John John Dead Guy from Rogue Ales.  Smart gal behind the bar.  I had to stay and have a full glass.  It was a wonderful and complex beer.  The oak taste from the barrels was clearly evident.  I also got tastes of sweet vanilla.  It was time to go but later on I was able to visit the Pickering Creek Inn in Phoenixville.  I must go in there at weird times because it was empty just like the last time I was in there.  I'm not complaining.  As far as I'm concerned that's a good thing for me.  I just want to sit and enjoy a beer and not be bothered by anyone.  I had a Southampton Keller Pils from Southampton Brewery and Publick House.  Under normal circumstances I would probably have said this was a really nice pils but I have been drinking quite a bit of Keller Pils at the Sly Fox and maybe I am biased towards the local brewery but I think Sly Fox has the better product.  I would definitely still order a Southampton again if it was on the menu though.

No comments:

Post a Comment