Monday, June 7, 2010

A Day in the Park

It was a pleasant weekend for us.  On Friday night my wife took our oldest daughter to a minor league baseball game in Allentown (go IronPigs).  She told me to pick up our 2 youngest daughters at daycare and get them a happy meal so after work I picked them up and took them to the Sly Fox in Phoenixville.  My happy meal was Buffalo wings while the girls decided on linguine and chicken strips.  During dinner I also managed to have a US Saaz Keller Pils and a Saison Vos.  Both were good as usual.

On Saturday we went to Dorney Park in Allentown.  We left at sundown and with all the activity of the day it wasn't long before the kids were asleep.  I pulled into the Tap and Table in Emaus but there was not an empty spot in the parking lot so we headed on down the road.  I went a little out of the way to get to Ortino's Northside in Zieglersville.  Obviously the kids were still asleep and my wife was playing with the DS that we bought our daughter for her birthday.  So I went in and had a Hoppy Trails IPA from Appalachian Brewing Company.  It was OK but not extraordinary.  I needed something extraordinary and I saw it on the menu.  It was a Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale from Stone Brewing Company.  I have had this strong ale before and knew I wouldn't be disappointed.  If you see it on tap get one.

Sunday was a very nice day indeed.  My mom came over to the house and we sat on the deck watching the kids play in the pool.  Mom had a Yuengling while my wife and I had Red's Rye.  Now that is a relaxing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment