Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Oh those sleepy kids

On Saturday we took the kids to Sesame Place for a day of roller coasters and water rides.  We stayed until closing (8:00pm) and I knew the kids would be asleep within minutes of leaving the parking lot.  I also knew that we were not far from Newtown which means we are not far from Isaac Newton's.  This is a place I have heard of and always wanted to visit.  Although it is in the center of town it is a little hard to find because it sits behind the other buildings on State Street.  In fact, I made several passes down the street and could not find the place.  It was my wife who suggested I park the car and get out and walk as the town is not that big.  That is what I did.  It is a really cool place with a good selection of beer.  I had a Terrapin Gamma Ray which is a big wheat wine coming in at 11% abv.  It had a good flavor with a bit of a tang to it.  I was sorry to leave after only one beer but I had to get back to the wife and kids. 

On Sunday we were out for a ride and ended up at Union Jack's Inn on the Manatawny.  Again, those sleeping kids...I went in and had a Lagunita's Undercover Shutdown Ale.  This is a malty, sweet and yet bitter ale at 9.7% abv.  Despite the temperatures in the upper 90's I enjoyed this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment