Sunday, April 18, 2010

Parties, Beer and Confusion

My 5-year-old was invited to a birthday party yesterday in Limerick and of course she had to go because her mother will not let them miss any kind of party, parade, fair, or activity of any kind.  Luckily the party was being held about 2 minutes away from Craft Ale House.  So my other daughter and I went to pick up the first daughter at the party and found our way to Craft Ale House.  I had an Oberon from Bell's Brewery.  This is a nice American Wheat beer that I will look forward to having as the warmer weather approaches.  Next up was a Hoppin' To Heaven from Hoppin' Frog Brewery.  This is a good American IPA.  Not the best I ever had but I would certainly drink it again.  Finally I had an Iniquity from Southern Tier Brewing Company.  OK, so I thought it was a good beer but I don't get the style.  What is an Imperial Black Ale anyway?  And why do they call these black IPA's.  Doesn't the "P" in IPA stand for pale?  So you have a black pale?  I was a little confused by this beer.  I'm not sure that I am a fan.  I will always be a fan of Southern Tier regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment