Sunday, February 21, 2010

Still A Beautiful Day If Only Average Beers

It's Saturday afternoon and we are out for a ride hoping the kids will fall asleep.  As we pass by the Craft Ale House in Limerick I have two sleepers and one wide awake.  I continue down the road and as we approach Union Jack's Inn on the Manatawny things get worse.  Only one sleeper.  I went in anyway because at this point I am pretty thirsty.  I finally tried the Wheat Wine from Founders Brewing Company.  It was an interesting spicey beer but not really my style (with the exception of the 10% abv).  Union Jack's also had a California Dreamin' IPA from Manayunk Brewery and Restaurant.  Manayunk beers have disappointed me in the past but it is usually my practice to continue going back to give disappointing brewers a second, third, fourth...shot at redemption.  I must admit this beer was better than I expected...from Manayunk.  Still though, it is not one which I will go out of my way for.

Later in the evening I slipped out to pick up some fast food to bring home for dinner.  But first...a stop at the Sly Fox in Phoenixville.  I had a Route 113 IPA.  It was unremarkable (i.e. not great but not bad either).  I also had a sample of the Gang Aft Agley that was pouring from the hand pump.  This was a sweet and malty Scottish wee heavy.  It would be a really nice beer if that is your style.

No comments:

Post a Comment