Friday, February 19, 2010

Just Another Friday Night

So I thought it would be a good idea to go to the Flying Pig Saloon in Malvern tonight.  Actually, what happened is that the other great beer bars in the area that actually list their lineup on the internet were not showing that great a lineup.  Since the Flying Pig doesn't list their lineup on the internet (that I know of) I thought I would take my chances.  What a great choice.  My first was a cask-conditioned Dogtown Pale Ale from Lagunitas Brewing Company.  I had this beer on draught before and it was really good.  So was the cask-conditioned version.  With Bell's Hopslam on the list I had no choice but to order one.  It was awesome as usual.  Next up was a Mojo Risin from Boulder Beer Company.  It was good but I didn't give it a fair shake as I tried it after that big Hopslam.  I will say this.  It poured awesome.  It was creamy and thick with a great mouthfeel.  It was time to leave and pick up a couple of pizzas for dinner.

As it turns out the pizza was going to take longer than expected.  That's why I get it from Rocco's.  As they are located next to the Sly Fox Brewing Company in Phoenixville I wasn't too concerned.  I went in for a quick Pikeland Pils and then next door to get the pizza.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment