Friday, February 5, 2010

Beer and Elk...a Nice Combination

I was out in Lancaster County on business today.  It was close to noon and I was not far from Reamstown so I decided to have lunch at Union Barrel Works as I often do when I am in this part of the state.  I am not a big fan of the beer here only because they tend to make styles of beer I don't particularly care for (i.e. never enough hops for me).  Imagine my delight when I saw they had an IPA on.  It is called Hop Knockers IPA.  If I didn't know the name I would not have classified this as an IPA.  It was more like a darker pale ale if that makes any sense.  It was however a very nice beer.  It left a nice Vienna lace all the way down the glass.  Speaking of Vienna, up next was a Double Barrel high gravity Vienna style lager.  I only had a small glass but this was a fabulous beer.  The bartender told me it was 11% abv but you would never know it. It's aged for 6 months and it was smooth.  Now I have a reason to return in the very near future.  This time I'll get a big glass of that Double Barrel.  Another reason to return is for the Elk meatloaf sandwich.  That is what I had for lunch and it was really good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment