Monday, February 20, 2012

Another Weekend Shot

Friday night started with a trip to the Drafting Room in Exton.  I started with a Eurotrash Pilz from Southern Tier Brewing Company.  As I've said many times before, I am spoiled by having Victory Prima Pils and Sly Fox Pikeland Pils always at the ready where I live so other pilsners have trouble stacking up.  This was no exception.  Although a pleasant enough Pilsner, it doesn't compare.  I followed with an Imperial IPA from Green Flash Brewing Company.  That's more like it.  Very nice beer. 

On Saturday, I took the kids to a couple of playgrounds and then ended up at Union Jack's Inn on the Manatawny.  I started there with a Fire Rock Pale Ale from Kona Brewing Company.  This is a solid Pale Ale (if you like Pale Ales).  I wouldn't go to Hawaii to get one though.  Next up was a Union Jack IPA from Firestone Walker.  Sure it was a safe choice but what a nice beer.  I ended with a Torpedo Extra IPA from Sierra Nevada Brewing Company.  As with most of their beers, it was solid but not extraordinary as the name might suggest.  Of course, I currently have their Ruthless Rye IPA on tap in my basement and I have no complaints there.

Sunday was kind of cool.  We visited a couple of playgrounds and went to Merrymead Farm in Worcester, Montgomery County.  With a name like Merrymead you could hope for a nice mead but you would be wrong.  I had to settle for a Diet Coke while the kids and my wife enjoyed their icecream.  I did sample their icecream and it was pretty darn good.  We also got to see the cows getting milked and we saw a bunch of  other farm animals.  Afterwards, we went for dinner at Capone's in Norristown (technically East Norriton).  The kids loved the spaghetti and meatballs.  My wife and I enjoyed the meatball sandwich and chicken parm sandwich (we each had half of both).  Along with our food I did manage to have a Hop Notch IPA from Uinta Brewing Company.  They are apparently out of Salt Lake City, UT.  This was a very nice IPA.  I would go to Salt Lake City for one.  Then I had a Supa Hero Imperial IPA from Clown Shoes.  This is a good Imperial IPA but there are a lot of really good Imperial IPA's out there so I wouldn't travel to Massachusetts for one.

No comments:

Post a Comment