Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ketchup Again

So I went to Victory last weekend and again today.  Between the two trips I managed to have a Ranch R IPA which is essentially an Imperial IPA (don't know if they call it that but it is).  I also had an Eclat Cocoa Lager which was surprisingly enjoyable.  I also had a cask-conditioned Storm King which is always awesome and finally an Alla Spina Novella Ale.  Hard to remember name for a really good beer.  To me in was a cross between a Mad King and a Golden Monkey.  Very nice.

I also went to the Station Tap Room for this year's Bigfoot from Sierra Nevada (great as it has been in years past) and Hoppy Feet from Clown Shoes.  This is a very nice Black IPA. 

Yesterday I made it to Prism Brewing Company in North Wales.  I started with a Red Zone which I think is fantastic.  I also had a Flying Magic Zebra which is a very nice Black and Tan.  Then I had the Death March which is a good black ale.  This is an interesting beer made without hops.  It also happens to be the "black" in their Black and Tan (Flying Magic Zebra). 

For dinner we went back to McKenzie's Brewhouse in Wayne.  My kids love the spaghetti there.  I love the Saison Vautour.  This is a nice farmhouse ale.  I actually had a couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment