Monday, June 13, 2011

Three New (to me) Beers That Are Really Good

So I had a couple of interesting beers this past weekend.  I started off at TJ's in Paoli with a Rye of the Tiger from Great Lakes Brewing Company.  This is a very good beer.  Then I had an Engine 20, another Great Lakes beer.  It was a smokey pale ale.  It was an interesting beer.  It doesn't fit any classification, just an unusual smokey pale ale.  Nice.

I also made it up to Union Jack's Inn on the Manatawny for a quick one.  It was a 215 Pale Ale from Southern Tier.  I don't know if it is true but I hear it was brewed for Philly Beer Week and thus the 215.  Well, it's hard for me to get excited about a pale ale but this one is excellent.  It's about the color of Budweiser but don't let that discourage you.  Now I have 2 pale ales that I think are excellent.  Southern Tier 215 and Lagunitas Dogtown Pale Ale.  I only hope that Southern Tier decides to make this one a year-round offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment