Thursday, June 9, 2011

Iron Abbey Finally and a Victory

On Tuesday I found myself out on the Turnpike near Horsham so I thought it would be a good time to finally try going to the Iron Abbey.  As it turns out, it is right on North Easton Road and there is plenty of parking out back.  I would say it is only about 5 minutes from the Turnpike exit.

Once inside I liked the place already.  It has a nice comfortable feeling to it.  Not too dark, not too light.  Friendly and helpful bartender.  I started with a Snake Dog IPA from Flying Dog Brewery.  It was a tastey IPA.  Not extraordinary but I'd get it again.  I was only going to have one but Boris the bartender gave me a sample of Green Gold IPA from Mikkeller.  This is an American-style IPA from Denmark.  I thought it was pretty good and asked for a pint.  This was a great first visit to a pub I hope to return to every chance I get.

On Wednesday I had two of my daughters with me for a visit to the doctors out in the Exton area.  After the doctors everyone was ready for dinner so we went to Victory Brewing Company in Downingtown.  Along with the kiddie hamburger (which wasn't "kiddie" at all from the looks of it) we had an order of their wonderful smokey chipotle wings.  I started with a Sunrise Weissbier which was perfect for this 98 degree day.  Then I couldn't resist a cask-conditioned Storm King Imperial Stout.  Once you've had the Storm King you know it's time to go home...and that's exactly what we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment