Thursday, June 23, 2011

Better Late Than Never

Well it's been a while since I've posted but I did have a couple of interesting beers last weekend and I thought I should post them before another weekend begins.  Last Friday I started off at TJ's Restaurant and Drinkery in Paoli.  I had the great Cajun Chicken sandwich and an Alpine Black IPA from Otter Creek.  This was a pretty tasty beer but I probably could have made a better choice to go along with my sandwich.  But it was a very good beer.  Later on Friday I went to the Drafting Room in Exton.  I started with a Mirror Pond Pale Ale from Deschutes Brewery.  This is a pleasant pale ale.  Then I had a Weyerbacher 16.  Apparently the "16" is for their 16th anniversary. This is a dark Braggot.  What is a dark Braggot?  I hadn't heard of it before either.  It turns out a Braggot is a mixture of beer and mead or something of that sort.  This was a weird beer but I mean that in a good way.  Hard to describe but it was darker and drier than I expected.  I ended the night with a Hop In The Dark Cascadian Dark Ale also from Deschutes.  You know Cascadian Dark Ale is really the same as a Black IPA.  Well, this one is really good.  I can't wait to get another one. 

On Saturday I went to the Craft Ale House in Limerick for a quick beer or two.  Up first was a Ryevalry from Bear Republic.  They call this a "American-Belgo-Style Double IPA.  I am always leary about the "Belgo" when it comes to IPA's but this beer was fantastic.  Bear Republic does it again.  Makes me want to move to California...OK, not really but they have great beer don't they?  Next up was Cellar Door Saison from Stillwater Artisanal Ales.  Yeah, I should have had this before that IPA but I could still taste it (sort of) and what I tasted was good.  I need to find it again and make it my first beer of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment