Friday, March 4, 2011

Timing is Everything

I was off to TJ's in Paoli tonight after work.  I couldn't resist having a Devotion from Lost Abbey at $3.00 on the Kegkicker special.  This is a very nice, dry Belgian Pale Ale.  I followed that with a Hop Ottin' IPA from Anderson Valley.  Very nice but at $6.00 it was no bargain.  I really wanted a Gulden Draak.  How often do you see that on tap?  But the $7.00 price tag was too rich for my blood.  I then opted for the other Kegkicker special. Ommegang BPA.  This is a very, very nice Belgian Pale Ale.  Of course, technically I should call both of these Kegkicker specials "Belgian-style" pale ales as they are both products of the good ole USA.  As luck would have it, now that I'm at home checking out TJ's on-line tap list I see they put Gulden Draak on the Kegkicker special.  That's right.  The beer I almost bought for $7 is now on tap for $3.  So in a weird kind of way, I'm glad I didn't get one earlier this evening.  Now tomorrow is a different story.  Here's hoping it is still pouring tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment