Sunday, March 13, 2011

Broken Rules...Twice

This weekend I broke one of my beer drinking rules and in fact, I broke the same rule twice.  That rule is that I won't have the same beer twice in a single sitting.  I started off the weekend a little early by having lunch on Friday at the Flying Pig in Malvern.  I ordered a Hop Angel Brauhaus Angel Fuel from Dock Street.  This is a very nice Black Ale.  I didn't see anything else on the menu that I wanted (except for a couple of big alcohol beers that I would rather not have at lunch time).  So, I got another Angel fuel to go along with a really awesome cheesesteak.

After work on Friday I stopped in at McKenzie's Brewhouse in Frazer.  I started with a Houblonette.  A nice, earthy farmhouse ale.  It only has 4.5% abv but more flavor than you would expect.  This was an awesome beer.  Then I moved on to a Saison Vautour which is another farmhouse ale.  This is one of their regular beers and it is a good one also but I'd take the Houblonette over this one.  There is something about that Houblonette.  So I ordered another one.  That is the second time I broke my one beer a day rule.  While there I also managed to try an Irma La Douce.  This darker saison was good but a little sweet for my taste.

On Saturday I had lunch at the Craft Ale House in Limerick.  I started with a Yard's IPA.  It was OK.  I then had an awesome Short Rib sandwich and a Cappuccino Stout.  This is a pretty good Imperial Stout and it went well with my sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment