Sunday, March 27, 2011

Good Weekend After All

Well that was a pretty good weekend.  Friday night at TJ's Restaurant and Drinkery in Paoli to get the weekend started.  Up first was a Yellow Snow IPA from Rogue Brewery.  I thought this was a very good IPA, just the way I like it.  I followed that with a Monk's Blood from 21st Amendment Brewery.  This is a Belgian-style dark ale.  It was OK.  I got it for the Keg Kicker special price of $3.00 so it was fantastic.  I ended with an Ommegang Abbey Ale.  This was good as usual.

Saturday I took my 2 oldest daughters to Union Jack's Inn on the Manatawny for wings, french fries and a couple of beers.  I started with Fegley's Hop'solutely triple IPA.  This is an 11.5% abv bomb.  Unfortunately the taste was a little off for me.  I like big IPA's and alcohol has never been a problem for me but this one just didn't do it for me.  I ended with a Bell's Bourbon Hell Hath No Fury.  This is a Belgian dark ale but it's more like a stout.  It is fantastic.  I can't wait to get another one but that will have to be another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment