Friday, February 4, 2011

The Good Life...California Beers In PA

I was reminded of a Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs song today.  My sixtel of Dock Street Hop Garden kicked (Oh, that's bad).  Then I picked up a sixtel of Hop Rod Rye from Bear Republic (Oh, that's good).  It cost me a cool $125 (Oh, that's bad).  I poured myself one and had a long cool drink (Oh, that's good).  And so it goes.

I then stopped at the Drafting Room in Exton and had an Older Viscosity from Port Brewing Company.  I'm not sure how to categorize this beer but it ain't a stout and it ain't a barleywine either.  Imagine blending both and then carbonating the hell out of it.  It was very good with a nice woody taste (oak maybe?).  I'd get it again but I can't imagine having more than one at a single sitting.

So here I sit having a couple of Hop Rod Rye's in the comfort of my living room.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment