Monday, February 7, 2011

Stupid Pennsylvania Liquor Laws

I waited 3 years on a mailing list just for the privilege of being able to purchase wine from a certain winery in California.  I knew that because of the stupid liquor laws in Pennsylvania I wouldn't be able to have it shipped to my home but I had an address in Delaware that I expected to use.  After 3 years of waiting I finally was given an allotment.  When I went to place my order I discovered that Delaware apparently has stupid liquor laws as well.  Why is it that as an adult living in Pennsylvania I can't purchase a product from a legitimate business in California?  Who are these idiots we have representing us that allow this to continue?  I guess I need to find another address in one of the progressive states to have my wine delivered.  Here's a link to a pretty cool site to see if you live in a stupid state or a progressive state.  The stupid ones are in red on the map.   This site also makes it easy for you to send a message to these representatives, not that I would expect them to do anything about the current laws but it makes me feel a little better letting them know how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment