Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Headwaters Pale Ale - Victory Does It Again

I needed to go to Victory Brewing Company tonight to exchange my empty keg for a full one.  I would have gone last night but they were having their 15th anniversary party and I hate crowds (not that Victory is ever without one).  They have a new beer on called Headwaters Pale Ale and they had a couple of sixtels in the retail store but rather than take a chance I made my way to the bar to try one first.  The bar was full of course.  I stood behind a guy seated at the bar trying to get the bartenders attention.  And then a funny thing happened.  The guy seated in front of me got up to leave.  I couldn't believe my luck.  This doesn't happen to me.  I took it as a good omen.  Seated comfortably at the bar I ordered a Headwaters.  It is a 5.2% abv "no frills" pale ale and it is really good.  Good enough that I left Victory tonight with a sixtel to enjoy at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment