Friday, December 25, 2009

Unremarkable

I left work a little early on Wednesday and made my way to The Flying Pig Saloon in Malvern.  I had a Double Aught Czech Pilsner from Bear Republic Brewing Company.  This beer was unremarkable.  There was nothing wrong with it.  It was not unpleasant.  It was simply unremarkable.  So I won't remark further.  I followed that with a Dugana Imperial IPA from Avery Brewing Company.  This is a pretty good Imperial IPA with a nice floral aroma and taste.  The considerable alcohol was well hidden.  On the way home I called for a pizza.  I had a couple of minutes to kill so it's a good thing the pizza joint is next to the Sly Fox in Phoenixville.  I went in and had a Sovereign pale ale.  Like the Double Aught earlier, this beer was also unremarkable.

I went home and tapped the sixtel of Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada Brewing Company.  I have to say that I am a little disappointed.  I have enjoyed this nice IPA in bottles on many occasions.  I think it tastes better from the bottle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment