Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cabin Fever Relief

We had a big snow on Saturday.  Probably about a foot of snow fell at the house.  So Saturday was hard work shoveling snow and goofing around with the kids.  By Sunday I felt like the kids were getting cabin fever so we loaded up the car and went for a ride in the country.  As luck would have it we were out near Union Jack's Inn on the Manatawny about the time the kids fell asleep.  My wife was OK with it so I went into Union Jack's while they slept in the car.  I ordered a Santa's Little Helper Imperial Stout from Port Brewing Company.  This brewer continues to impress me.  I never thought anyone could come close to making a stout as good as Founder's Breakfast Stout but this one does.  I would like to have Santa's Little Helper and Breakfast Stout side by side for the sake of comparison.  And in fact I could have done that at Union Jack's today as they had both on tap.  But with the wife and kids in the car I decided to save that comparison for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment