Saturday, March 10, 2012

How is that for a day of food and drink?

I went to the Flying Pig in Malvern yesterday for lunch and along with my excellent cheesesteak I had a Bell's Hopslam and a Titan IPA from Great Divide Brewing Company.  The Hopslam was excellent and the Titan was very good.  Not a bad lunch. 

Later in the evening I went to TJ's in Paoli and enjoyed 2 "kegkicker" specials ($3 each).  Up first was a Hop Ottin' from Anderson Valley brewing company followed by a Judgement Day from Lost Abbey.  The Hop Ottin' was very good.  The Judgement Day was great.  I can't believe I got that beer for $3.  It is a big beer at something like 10% abv.  It is malty and fruity and just plain good.

For dinner, the wife and I went to Daddy Mim's in Phoenixville for dinner. She had an excellent crab cake and I had an equally good Court Bouillon (crab, shrimp, scallops and crawfish).   With dinner we had a nice bottle of 2008 Kosta Browne Russian River Pinot Noir.  This is one fantastic Pinot.  We also started on a bottle of 2007 A.P. Vin Keefer Ranch Pinot Noir.  This is also a nice Pinot.

How is that for a day of food and drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment