Monday, March 26, 2012

Fresh Texas Beer

Last Friday I had lunch at the Flying Pig in Malvern.  Along with my usual cheesesteak I had Flower Power from Ithaca Beer Company.  Both were excellent.  That night after work I stopped in at TJ's in Paoli for a couple.  First up was a Crooked Tree IPA from Dark Horse Brewing Company.  This is a solid IPA.  I followed that with a Union Jack IPA from Firestone Walker.  Of course, this was awesome as usual.

I started to think I was having the same old beers in the same old places when all of a sudden I find myself in San Antonio, TX on business.  I found this brewpub called Freetail Brewing Company.  It was about 20 minutes from the airport but worth the trip.  I had a flight of 7 beers and all were good (some were very good).  Then I had a glass of their sour beer with a name I can't remember.  I do remember it is their red ale, Danny Mijo,  aged in barrels and soured.  This was a fantastic sour beer.  I swear I was getting some heat from this one (like some pepper beers I've had), but they said it must have been my imagination.  Regardless, it was a joy to have one of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment