Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Variety of Beers

Last Friday I had to watch 2 of the kids while my wife had the 3rd at a Girl Scout meeting.  Since we all needed dinner I decided to take them to Appalachian Brewing Company in Collegeville.  I had a Grinnin' Grizzly first.  This is a Christmas beer and although I'm not usually a fan of spiced beers this one was OK.  But...the Fresh Hop IPA I had after it was much better.  Very nice indeed.

On Saturday, we had lunch at Victory Brewing Company in Downingtown.  I had a Helios which tasted different than what I remembered it to taste like.  Rather than an easy-drinking Saison, this was almost like a stronger Belgian-style ale.  I followed that with a Yakima Glory.  Ahhh, that's more like it.  This is a nice, darker-yet-hoppy beer. 

Later in the day on Saturday, I found myself at Rock Bottom in King of Prussia.  I had a cask-conditioned IPA which was actually better than I expected.

Today I had lunch at TJ's Restaurant and Drinkery in Paoli.  I had an IPA from Nebraska Brewing Company.  I enjoyed the heck out of this one.  But...it was $6.50 which I thought was a little steep.  My TJ's Burger was pretty awesome though.

No comments:

Post a Comment