Saturday, November 12, 2011

Iron Hill in Phoenixville

I went to Iron Hill in Phoenixville yesterday afternoon for a couple of beers.  I started with their Pumpkin Ale.  It was a pleasant beer with a mild pumpkin flavor.  Then I had a Roggenbier.  This is a rye beer the describe as "Traditional German dark, rye beer with a huge fruity nose from Bavarian ale yeast. Hints of unsweetened chocolate and caramel from the specialty malts mix with a touch of spiciness from the rye".  It's hard to believe that I actually like this malty beer but I did.  I then had a Hoppopotamus.  OK, this one is changing my opinion about Iron Hill.  They call this a Red Ale but I would call it an IPA.  Either way, it is one good beer.

While sitting at the bar, I noticed that Johnnie Walker Red Label not only has a red label but the words "Red Label" written on the red label.  Ditto for the Black Label.  Seems a little redundant to me although I suppose there could be color-blind bartenders out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment