Saturday, April 9, 2011

Road Trip - Texas

I went to Dallas, TX on a business trip this week.  I had dinner one evening at Red Lobster and had a Shiner Bock along with it.  Heck, I'm in Texas I have to have a Shiner Bock right?  It was OK.  The next night I had dinner at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen.  This is a chain but don't let that stop you from going.  We started with raw oysters and calamari.  For my entre I had a crawfish etouffee served with dirty rice.  It was awesome.  I drank a Samuel Adams Noble Pils.  This was a nice clean beer.  Nothing extraordinary but a nice, pleasant pilsner.  My last night in Texas I decided to go to the Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant in Plano.  This was a big place and located in a very trendy area.  I had a nice lobster bisque along with a Caesar salad with blackened tuna.  The tuna  was cooked just right (almost sushi).  I started with a Czech Pilsner.  It was similar to the Samuel Adams I had the night before.  Nice and clean but not extraordinary.  I then had a Hefeweizen.  This was very enjoyable and true to the style.  I ended with a Marzen, a style I don't particularly care for.  It too was true to the style.  It was sweet but definitely well-made.  So while in Texas, I had several beers that were enjoyable and well-made but I didn't get an extreme beer.  It's good to be back in Pennsylvania.

No comments:

Post a Comment