Sunday, April 24, 2011

Nice Long Weekend

I managed to get a couple of good beers this weekend. The family went to Uno's Chicago Grille in Exton for dinner.  Along with really good pizzas I had Big Erns West Coast IPA form Weyerbacher.  Apparently Weyerbacher makes this as Uno's house beer.  It is really good with a nice floral nose and grassy flavor.  On Saturday I made the trek to Union Jack's Inn on the Manatawny with my 2-year-old.  They were having their Easter Hopfest event with an amazing line-up.  Apparently everyone agreed it was an awesome line-up as I never even parked the car.  The lot was full.  The neighboring roads were full.  I left without stopping and headed to the Craft Ale House in Limerick.  I had a Jack D'Or from Pretty Things.  This Saison is starting to grow on me.  I thought it was really good.  Later in the day I made it to Ron's Original in Exton.  I started with a Lost Abbey Carnivale.  Another very good Saison.  I followed that with a Walker's Reserve Robust Porter from Firestone Walker Brewing Company.  This is a nice porter.  Nothing extraordinary but nicely done.  I ended with a Sextant Stout from Ballast Point.  I might have had something to eat but just getting a drink was a challenge and I'm not sure why.  I have seen it a lot busier there at other times and the bartenders usually keep up.  My Sextant Stout was a nice tasting stout but kind of light and no mouthfeel or noticeable alcohol but good tasting nonetheless. 

Finally on Sunday I went to McKenzie's in Malvern for a Tuna Caesar salad and a couple of Houblonettes.  I hope they keep this one on forever.  This is a very, very good saison.

No comments:

Post a Comment