Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Another Victory

Well, it was time for a new keg of Victory since I recently kicked the Prima Pils (the Hop Rod Rye is still going).  I headed off to Victory after work today.  While there I had a Whirlwind Wit which was a little light for my taste and then I had something simply called Saison.  I assume it is different from the V-Saison they used to have.  It was a nice beer...really nice.  I would have loved to bring home a sixtel but the pickin's were pretty slim at the retail shop tonight.  I ended up taking home a Mad King.  This beer is no slouch either but it would have been nice to score a Braumeister Pils or Helios or something a little harder to come by.  Once I got home I didn't feel like tapping the Mad King and instead opened a bottle of In-heat Wheat from Flying Dog Brewery.  I had these bottles in my fridge since Christmas.  To my surprise it turned out to be a really nice Hefeweizen.  I'm glad I have a couple more waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment