Monday, April 18, 2011

I Must Be Getting Old

Yesterday I went to Union Jack's Congo Hotel in Barto for a beer because I was in the area.  I had a Stone IPA.  This is a nice IPA and it did the trick.  The day before I went to the Craft Ale House in Limerick to have a couple of cold ones.  I started with a Weyerbacher Oscar.  This is a "hoppy hef". That is, a hefeweizen with a little more hops than is traditional.  I thought it was pretty good.  I followed that with another Weyerbacher product.  It was their IPA Project #4743.  There was nothing wrong with it but it wasn't the greatest IPA I've ever had.  I ended with a Bell Ringer from RJ Rocker's Brewing Company.  They are out of Spartanburg, SC and this particular beer is an American Strong Ale.  I enjoyed it.  I also tried a Long Trail Triple Bag.  It was OK but not my style.

In the last week or so I had other beer adventures that I didn't have time to blog about so here is an abbreviated entry.  At TJ's in Paoli, I had a Double Jack (DIPA) from Firestone Walker.  This was my first taste of this brewer and based on Double Jack I think I am going to have many more experiences with this brewer.  At the Pickering Creek Inn in Phoenixville I had an Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout from North Coast Brewing Company.  This is a very good example of the style.  At the Flying Pig in Malvern, I had a Carneval from Lost Abbey.  This is like a dry Royal Weisse.  Very nice.  Back again to TJ's in Paoli for a cask conditioned Racer 5.  Awesome as usual.  And one day in the not so distant past I made my way to Teresa's Next Door in Wayne.  I had a Pliny the Elder from Russian River Brewing Company which is always fantastic.  I followed that with a USALive from Mikkeller.  This is a nice Belgian Strong Pale Ale with just a hint of funk from the brettanomyces.  This is a very interesting beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment