Thursday, October 21, 2010

What the Helios?

I needed to return an empty keg and pick up a new one from the Victory Brewing Company so after work I stopped in.  I didn't see anything of interest except for Helios which I never had.  So before making the investment I decided to go to the bar and try one.  Victory calls this one a "bottle conditioned Belgian-inspired ale".  Well, I was drinking it on draught and about to buy a keg to drink more on draught at home so I don't know about the bottle conditioned part but this is a great beer.  It is darker than I would expect a saison yet dry and refreshing.  I decided to make the investment.   As it turns out, it is not that large of an investment.  I got a sixtel for only $52.  You just can not beat that.  I'm starting to consider keeping two Victory beers on tap at home instead of one Victory and one something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment