Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Lot of Tom Foolery for One Week

So much has happened in the past week or so that I didn't have a chance to do an update until tonight.  Here's how the week played out:

Wednesday

Ron's Original Bar and Grille, Exton - Indica Pale Ale from Lost Coast Brewery and Cafe (good, not great)

Epicurean, Phoenixville - Philadelphia Porter from Manayunk Brewery (surprisingly good porter)

Thursday

Craft Ale House, Limerick - Hugh Malone from Allagash Brewing Company (although I don't usually like Belgian-style IPAs, this is a good one).  Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout from North Coast Brewing Company (this is a very good stout).  Expedition Stout 2009 from Bell's Brewery (another very good stout).  I also had the short rib sandwich and as always it was awesome.

Friday

Craft Ale House, Limerick - Imperial IPA from Green Flash Brewing Company (very good IIPA).  Another Expedition Stout from Bell's (still good).  I also had a burger for a change.  It is a really good burger but it can't compete with that short rib sandwich.

Sly Fox, Royersford - Yes, Royersford.  It's not often I go to the Sly Fox in Royersford since I live in Phoenixville but we were in the area.  I had a Pikeland Pils (always good).  Next was an Octoberfest which I didn't expect to like but I did.  Then I had a Saison Vos (excellent as always).

Sly Fox, Phoenixville - Yes, Phoenixville.  I had to go home at some point right?  A Royal Weisse (always good) and then I called it a day.

Saturday

I went to a new place that the folks from Ortino's opened in Harleysville.  It's called East End Alehouse.  It's a lot like Ortino's Northside including a nice selection of beers on tap.  I had a Conductor Imperial IPA from Steamworks Brewing Company which was on the nitro tap.  It was pretty good.  The nitro gave it a silky mouthfeel and left a nice Vienna Lace on the glass.

Sunday

I went to Union Jack's Inn on the Manatawny, Oley - When we got to Union Jack's the parking lot was full.  Mostly it was full of Harley Davidson motorcycles.  I was a little hesitant to go in at first because I had to take my 6-year-old daughter in with me (she was awake, the other 2 were asleep).  It would be embarrassing for her to see me get my ass kicked by a bunch of bikers who didn't like the minivan I pulled up in.  My wife convinced me to go in anyway.  I had a Stone Arrogant Bastard (very good, not as harsh as I remember it to be) and my daughter had a lemonade (tart but good).  As it turns out, my daughter makes friends pretty easily...see photo below courtesy of Tony.



Monday

Back to the Craft Ale House, Limerick - This time it was a Gubna Imperial IPA from Oskar Blues Brewery.  This is a big beer.  Big alcohol and big hops.  Very good but maybe a little harsh with the hops.

No comments:

Post a Comment