Monday, January 30, 2012

You Said a Mouthfull

It's been a while since I posted so I'm going back about 2 weeks here to start.  I'll skip all the noise and only reflect on the new beers (new to me) or the most enjoyable ones.  While  visiting Union Jack's Inn on the Manatawny I had a Green Flash Imperial IPA which was great (no surprise there) followed by a Blue Point Imperial IPA which was just OK.  Later that night I went to Bridgeport, PA for the best pizza in the world...Franzones.  I had a new beer with my pizza.  It was Ruthless Rye IPA from Sierra Nevada.  This was a really good beer especially coming from a bottle.  As I needed a new keg for my basement I ran out and picked up a sixtel of this almost immediately.  And for $67 it was a bargain.

Then I went on a business trip to Dallas.  While there last year I found a bar called Ginger Man (actually in Plano) that had an awesome draught lineup.  At the time I had a (512) IPA which is from a brewery in Austin called (512) Brewing Company.  I vowed if I ever got back to Plano I would find the Ginger Man and have another (512) IPA.  And it was so.  I did find the Ginger Man this trip and they did have (512) IPA on again.  It was just as good as the first time.  A really excellent IPA.  I followed that with A Little Sumpin' Wild from Lagunitas which is a very good Belgian-style IPA.

Getting back to the present (which would be this past weekend) I had lunch at TJ's in Paoli on Friday and enjoyed a Colonel Blides Bitter on cask.  This is brewed by Cricket Hill Brewing Company in New Jersey.  It wasn't great but it was better than I expected of a bitter.  I had such a good time I went back to TJ's after work for a couple of Moylan's Hopsickle.  OK, I admit, the Hopsickle was a kegkicker special so the $3 price tag influenced the quantity I consumed. 

This past Saturday I went to Prism Brewing Company in North Wales for the first time ever.  I only had a half hour to spend but I had a flight of every beer they had and enjoyed the heck out of every one of them.  I will have to return to Prism and post about the various beers.  All I can tell you is I left there having tried about 12 different beers (or beer mixtures) and there wasn't a bad one in the bunch.  I mean, they even had a Shandy that was quite good.  For crying out loud, where else in America can you get a Shandy let alone one that tastes good.

No comments:

Post a Comment