Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Couple of Unusual Stops

Last Saturday I had the opportunity to go to the new McKenzie's Brewhouse in Devon.  It was my wife's birthday and although she and I were going to dinner later that night (sans kids) we thought lunch with the kids would be a good idea.  The new place is gorgeous and that's according to my wife, kids and myself.  The food was enjoyed by all including those finicky kids.  I played it safe with my first beer and had the Saison Vautour which is always very good.  Then I had the Sour Marchent (not sure of the spelling).  This is a great beer.  It is not as sour as they would have you believe.  It is in the same vein as the Two Threads that I loved so much but is no longer on tap.  Next stop was the King of Prussia Mall to take the kids to Build-a-bear.  While they were building, I snuck out to Rock Bottom for an cask-conditioned IPA.  I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.  Dinner was at the Kimberton Inn where I had the best liver and onions I have ever had.  The atmosphere was warm and the Victory Prima Pils were cold.  My wife had Fillet Mignon with scallops which was excellent as well.

I spent the earlier part of this week in Atlanta on business.  I had a Ranger IPA from New Belgium Brewing.  This is a nice IPA..nothing outrageous.  It seems like local brewer Sweetwater Brewing Company was all over the place including the airport.  There was a Sweetwater Draft House I had to spend some time in.  They served several Sweetwater beers on draught and had other beers in bottles.  I started with the 420 Extra Pale Ale.  It was OK.  Then I had the IPA which I thought was pretty good.  It was an easydrinking IPA.  Not bad for airport beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment