Sunday, October 23, 2011

Getting Around This Weekend

Friday after work I went to the Flying Pig in Malvern for a couple of beers.  First up was Scrimshaw Pilsner from North Coast Brewing Company.  This was a pretty unremarkable pilsner.  Perhaps because our local pilsners from Victory and Sly Fox are so good my expectations are skewed.  I followed that with a Cape of Good Hope Imperial IPA from Yards Brewing Company.  Again, I found this to be an unremarkable beer.  Later that night I made it to the Craft Ale House in Limerick.  I started there with a Mongo DIPA from Port Brewing Company.  Now that's more like it.  This is a very good DIPA.  Finally I had a Founder's Breakfast Stout.  I have said before that this is the best Stout I've ever had but tonight for some reason it was just very good.

On Saturday I went to Appalachian Brewing Company in Collegeville.  I started with Batch 666 which they told me was a "stout-like" beer.  This was a nice enough beer but doesn't compare to that Breakfast Stout I had last night.  I followed with a pumpkin ale which was very good.  Not over the top with pumpkin but just right.  It looks like this...


On the way  home I had to pass right by Iron Hill in Phoenixville so I stopped in there to see what was going on.  I started with a Saison which was good.  I followed that with a Hoppopotamus which is an American Amber Ale.  This is a very very good beer.  I enjoyed the heck out of that one.  But, $6 for the Saison and $7 for the Hoppopotamus seems a little high to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment