Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Trapp Door and Beyond

I've had a couple of beers the past week I have been meaning to post about so here goes.

At TJ's in Paoli I had (from a firkin) a Black Strap from Voodoo Brewing Company in Meadville, PA.  This was a nice, dark American Strong Ale...not overdone.

I went to the place that used to be the Tap and Table in Emmaus.  It is now called The Trapp Door.  I started with a Mönchshof Kellerbier from Kulmbacher Brauerie in Germany.  This is a good Keller Bier.  More malty than I normally like but very enjoyable.  To make up for the lack of hops, I had a cask-conditioned Snake Dog IPA from Flying Dog Brewery.  It was very good.  I ended with a Sublimely Self Righteous from Stone.  This is an excellent Black Ale.  The hops come through all that darkness with ease.  I never complain about beer prices because I am happy to pay a premium for the fine beers that I enjoy but...my general feeling is that the beers at The Trapp Door were all priced about $2 more than they should have been.  I mean, $7 for a cask conditioned Sly Fox Chester County Bitter?  Come on!

I made it back to Appalachian Brewing Company in Collegeville and had a cask-conditioned Hoppy Trails IPA along with my reuben sandwich.  Both were excellent.  Then I had the Outta Focus DIPA.  I'm not a big fan of this one.  There was just something in the taste that I just didn't care for and I normally love my DIPA's.

No comments:

Post a Comment