Wednesday, July 13, 2011

About Last Weekend

Last Friday I stopped at the Flying Pig in Malvern for lunch.  I had a great cheesesteak and started with a Firestone Walker Union Jack IPA.  Yeah, this is a really good IPA.  Then I had a Hop Crisis DIPA from 21st Ammendment.  They call this an Imperial IPA?  To me it was more like a Barleywine.  It was good though.

On Saturday I made the trip to Union Jack's Inn on the Manatawny and enjoyed a Lucky 13 from Lagunitas Brewing Company.  This is a big Red Ale with plenty of hops.  Very enjoyable.  Then I had a Gatlin Damnosis Bourbon Barrel Aged Sour Barleywine from Anderson Valley Brewing Company.  It was only mildly sour, not overdone.  What a fantastic beer.  I was tasting wild cherries and prunes.

Later in the day we stopped in to Appalachian Brewing Company in Collegeville.  I started with a Mad Cameron Belgian Wit.  I thought this was a pretty good Wit.  Definitely refreshing on a 90 degree day like Saturday was.  Then I ordered a rack of ribs and a Hinterland Hefe Weizen.  This is another refreshing beer.  Very nice.  The best part...my first beer was free thanks to my newly minted membership in ABC's Mug Club.  Like is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment