Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Victory and more Victory

I finally did it.  I got a keg of Victory Storm King for the house.  It's such a big beer I have resisted getting a keg of it...until now.  I always thought it would take me forever to get through a keg of it.  Now that I'm having a pint I'm starting to think this is going to kick way too quickly.  Time will tell.  I took my 5 and 7 year olds to Victory for lunch last Saturday and had a Storm King from the hand pump.  I think that probably influenced my decision this evening.  Truth be told, the cask conditioned is better but I ain't complaining.  Also on Saturday I had a Moonglow Weizenbach.  That's a great beer if you like malty beers.  I always look forward to having one or two in the fall and then I've had my fill.

Also recently I was to TJ's in Paoli and had a Summit Silver Anniversary Ale.  This is a pleasant IPA that might be improved with a little more hops, but a solid IPA.  I followed with a Pliny the Elder from Russian River.  Need I say more?

I also recently went to the Drafting Room in Exton and had a Chipotle Ale from Rogue.  I had to ask the server if he actually poured me the Chipotle because I was getting smoke but no heat and there was a Rogue Smoke beer on the tap right next to the Chipotle.  Confident that he poured the correct beer he gave me a taste of the smoke beer and sure enough he was right.  The Chipotle Ale was smokey from the Chipotle peppers which makes sense but I would have hoped for a little more heat.  Maybe I've burned out my taste buds.  I ended with a Chatoe Rogue Oregasmic Ale.  This is a very good pale ale.  Nice and creamy.  Can't wait to have another.

No comments:

Post a Comment