Since my last post on Friday I've managed to have several really good beers so here goes.
I went to the Craft Ale House in Limerick and had my first beer from St. Boniface Craft Brewing Company. They are out of Ephrata, PA. The beer I had was called Libation...a DIPA. This was a pleasant surprise. A very nice tasting beer but if they didn't tell me it was a DIPA I would not have guessed. It was not that hoppy or bitter. I don't know if I would even call it an IPA...maybe a Pale Ale. Regardless, I liked it a lot. I also had something called a Bitchin' Camaro from Voodoo Brewing Company. It was described on the menu as a golden Saison but this was not golden. It was more of a red-ish amber. It was a nice beer but I've had much better Saisons recently.
I went to Appalachian Brewing Company in Collegeville. I enjoyed a Hinterland Hefe Weizen. This is a very good, dry Hefe. I then had a great Reuben sandwich and an ESB which I was told was a "one-off" beer (i.e. they only had 1 keg of it). It was OK. I don't know why they call these beers bitter though. There was nothing bitter about it.
I went to Victory Brewing Company in Downingtown. I had a Braumeister Pils (Saaz) which was very good. In fact, I pick up a sixtel of it while I was there. I followed that with a cask-conditioned Storm King which was awesome as usual. While in Downingtown, I decided to make my first visit to the Station Taproom. I was not happy about the metered parking and I suspect it would be hard to find a parking spot at a busy time of the day but it was late Saturday afternoon so I was OK. It is a small place with a great line-up of beers. I started with a Sierra Nevada Exportation. This is a sour ale and it was fantastic. Not unlike a Rodenbach Grand Cru. The best part...it was served in a pint glass. Not one of those sissy tulip glasses or anything. I got the last pint of it and it was gone. I next had a Hill Farmstead Double Citra IPA which is another DIPA. It was pretty good but following that Exportation I'm not sure I gave it a chance. I hope I can get another one of these to see how really good it is. I never even heard of this brewer before stepping into the Station Taproom. I can't wait to visit again.
I stopped in Ron's Original in Exton and had a Golden Cap Saison from New Holland. I am not a big fan. I stopped in the Epicurean in Phoenixville and had an HP Striker from Tommyknocker Brewery and Pub. It was alright.
No comments:
Post a Comment