Sunday, August 23, 2009

Saturday

Yesterday I stopped into Union Jack's on the Manatawny. I had a Left Hand Chainsaw Double ESB. It was very good. It tasted like a barley wine like Victory's Old Horizontal but less alcohol. I didn't miss the taste of the alcohol at all (at about 8% it was no lightweight anyway). Next I had a Duck Rabbit Rabid Duck Russian Imperial Stout. It was OK but I expected a lot better considering the good press this brewer seems to get. Actually, this beer tasted like the stouts I used to create as a home brewer. Which is to say, it was OK for a homebrewer...enough said.

Later we pulled into the parking lot of the Craft Ale House in Limerick but considering I had my wife and 3 kids in the car and the number of cars on the lot, we decided to continue down the road to the Sly Fox in Royersford. I had a refreshing Pikeland Pils and an equally refreshing Royal Weisse. The tuna steak sandwich I had was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment